Obscure Color Words
whitish; becoming white
immortal; undying; deep purple-red colour
eggplant; a dark purple colour
light or sky blue; the heraldic colour blue
pale green; pale green glazed pottery
sky-blue; dark blue; sea-green
red crystalline mercuric sulfide pigment; deep red or scarlet colour
of or like ivory; ivory-coloured
yellowish or turning yellow
of a grey-beige colour
purplish hue; purplish-flowered plant; ancient sundial; signalling mirror
pale silver-grey colour; grey with age
brilliant red colour; a red dye derived from insects
red dye made from brazil wood; a reddish or red-orange colour
light bluish purple
rich blue or reddish-blue colour
black; dark; of a black colour in heraldry
red-gold, reddish brown
tending toward violent
- Always take pictures of the sky when it’s pretty, it probably won’t ever look like that again.
- Wear that skirt you like, even if you’re mom says it’s too short.
- Take off the dark eyeliner and nail polish once in a while, you’ll feel lighter.
- Chop off your hair if you want, it will grow back eventually.
- Count the freckles on your arms and draw lines between them, your skin is like the night shy.
- Sleep under six blankets with the fan on high in the middle of the winter, the sound is soothing.
- Tell that boy to stop touching your thigh, even if it is flattering.
- Say thank you and flash a smile when you’re sister says that you’re outfit is ugly.
- Raise your hand when you know the answer, even if the class is all upperclassmen.
- Read that book again, you’ll notice something you didn’t the first time.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine, you’ll get the jitters and bomb your math test.
- Wear pencils behind your ears, it’s convenient.
- Try to talk to people, it won’t kill you.
- When a cute boy tries to cheat off your test, write the wrong answers and change them later.
- It’s ok to feel happy, don’t let other peoples sadness make you feel bad.
— advice for sad teenage girls that own too many flannels (via bonus)
(Source: fouryrstrong, via unknownmortxl)